Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Exponential Mass Effect of Explosions

Out of the four styles of documentary noting my own documentary will primarily be composed of elements of expository documentary but instead of audio narration I plan to use text overlaying the footage, not too small to be indiscreet but also enough to force the viewer to read it. The justification for this is in my belief that an expository documentary is made effective due to the narrator's skill of speaking effectively and convincingly. Hence I find that it would be rather difficult to imitate but instead I aim to use emotive music to support the text.
The documentary in some sense could be observational depending whether there is a sense of real-time portrayed or immediacy. I won’t be making any of it like that of a interactive documentary because as much as I would like to do it, the problem comes with creating a ragdoll or NPC that could imitate human behaviour ( i.e. mouth movement when the director would be talking to the camera).
I think that reflexive documentary always makes things interesting by challenging the viewer to think and part of the documentary could be ended with a something that asks a reflective question of the viewer, at the same time the idea seems rather cliché

No comments: